logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cristobalcat  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 8:53:23 PM(UTC)
cristobalcat

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group Member

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I don't have access as SC admin to apply these Extensions. So, I'm out of the 'club', I can't use those as IT user myself.

And suggest change to apply change is a slow motion bridge, and painful enough thru an Organization. And I might be the only one interest on use it.

And I notice most of those, if not all, won't do any harm, change Company policies or use unauthorized levels.

Question: Is there any way to use whatever Extension I want to use (test some, and promote it to use it later) from my Chrome SC Console?
I'm ok with those I can't use as aforementioned.

Thanks!

Edited by user Friday, April 20, 2018 8:56:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scott  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 11:07:36 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 292 post(s)
It really depends upon what the Extension does. Extensions that have server-side methods have to be compiled into the WebServiceBase by the Extension Runtime so I cannot think of a way to implement those without having Administer permissions.

Extensions that load clientside JavaScript files are a little different. In theory you can just open the browser's developer console and paste code in that will execute client side. This is incredibly far from ideal but due to the very nature of our Extensions I cannot think of another, simpler way to do this.
ScreenConnect Team
shawnkhall  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 2:38:52 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Chrome 66 adds persistent loading of client-side scripts, which could seriously improve the effectiveness of something like this if you went that way.

Alternatively, client-side javascript can be run with a bookmarklet (a browser bookmark with a 'javascript:' prefix that is effectively an inline javascript to execute). I use a dozen of these for different purposes on a daily basis, but can't think of any CC extension functionality I use that relies solely upon javascript.