logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pglover  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 8:59:32 AM(UTC)
pglover

United Kingdom

I would like to deploy the Support Client installer to our devices, as our end users don't have access rights to be able to install it.

So, i copied the client from 'Program Files (x86)\ScreenConnect\Bin\ScreenConnect.ClientSetup.msi' and deployed it using PDQ to a test box, the installation was successful - although it appears in add/remove programs as TBD.

I setup a remote session and tried the 'UrlLaunch' option - as it says 'launch out app already installed on your device' - however it fails to launch and moves onto the next option which is to install the client (which fails as the user has no rights).

Can anyone shed any light on where i'm going wrong? Happy to provide any additional info if needed.
Scott  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 11:00:50 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 345 time(s) in 299 post(s)
The Client installer you found at that location is missing some key information that tells it how to behave. This information is passed to it when you download it from the web application. If you want to deploy the client via PDQ (or another 3rd party tool), I would go to the Host page and Build a new Access client installer and use that for your deployment.

This KB article has more information on this process.
ScreenConnect Team