logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pchrist18  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2018 7:49:59 PM(UTC)
pchrist18

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Is there a way to automatically blank the guest monitor and disable guest input when a Host connects to a session? This would be only for Access Unattended sessions. I would not want this to be a global setting (web.config). I have installed the Extension for locking the computer when the host disconnects. We would also like to automate this task since it is something we have to remember to do each time we connect to a workstation.
SoCo_Systems  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 11:57:53 AM(UTC)
SoCo_Systems

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Assuming you are using the Edit Web.Config AppSettings extension, which makes the process of editing it much easier:

The Web.config file splits up the default sessions properties for Access and Support.
DefaultSupportSessionInfoAttributes
and
DefaultAccessSessionInfoAttributes

For each you can choose enabled(checked)/disable(unchecked) for Monitor Blanked, Input Blocked, and Wake Lock. Those become the default settings, but each can be overridden once in the session.
I don't think changes to the Web.config file require a client reinstall to apply.

pchrist18  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 1:32:16 PM(UTC)
pchrist18

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SoCo_Systems Go to Quoted Post
Assuming you are using the Edit Web.Config AppSettings extension, which makes the process of editing it much easier:

The Web.config file splits up the default sessions properties for Access and Support.
DefaultSupportSessionInfoAttributes
and
DefaultAccessSessionInfoAttributes

For each you can choose enabled(checked)/disable(unchecked) for Monitor Blanked, Input Blocked, and Wake Lock. Those become the default settings, but each can be overridden once in the session.
I don't think changes to the Web.config file require a client reinstall to apply.

Thanks very much for the info. I'll give it a try.