logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jtomlinson  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 6:55:40 PM(UTC)
jtomlinson

United States

We have a client with a couple different computers with ScreenConnect installed where the ScreenConnect service will not launch. I've done quite a bit of digging into the issue and found that the file ScreenConnect.ClientService.exe was missing. I was able to transfer that file to these computers but the service still would not launch. So I tried reinstalling and had the same issue.

After much more digging I found that transferring this file to the computer, into any folder, the file would be deleted within 10-15 seconds. Even with renaming the file and changing the file extension, the file would still get removed in 10-15 seconds. I did find that if I opened the EXE in a text editor and changed some of the bytes the file would not get removed.

I did see that these computers were running this software, which I think is what is removing the file. https://www.cylance.com/en_us/home.html - has anyone else seen this before? Can anyone think of a way to get around this? I'm assuming this software is running a file system watcher to look for new files and when it sees files with a specific signature it removes them.
SoCo_Systems  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 11:44:57 AM(UTC)
SoCo_Systems

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
It sounds like Cylance is doing its job, detecting your SC install as an unapproved Remote Access client, and removing it. You will need to find a way to create an exemption within that software.