logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pyramid  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:33:19 AM(UTC)
Pyramid

United Kingdom

Hello

When installing either the Remote Viewing Agent (To see installed agents on other machines) or the Agent to Allow viewing from another machines either by MSI package or EXE on Windows 10.

I get issues when installing as the installer tries to access a remote location separate to the machine that its being installed on.

Please see screenshot -

ScreenConnect Installer

This happens on a Windows 10 Pro machine, logged in as a domain admin.

This happens on only my machine, my MSI packaged is rolling out nicely to all the other machines on the domain.

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS as I cannot use the product on my control machine without installing it!

Thanks

Scott  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:01:37 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 292 post(s)
Was the client originally installed via GPO? It looks like it's trying to find the original installer in a network location and unable to do so, thus failing.

msiexec keeps a cache/store of each installer when they are executed against a system, if the client is deployed via GPO then it is not stored within msiexec's cache, but rather it remains in the network location. Also, there are instances where msiexec's cache can get messed up even if the client wasn't deployed via GPO.

There are a few third party tools that can be used to uninstall the previous client in order to allow for the new installation. The Revo Uninstaller comes to mind, they should have a free version too.
ScreenConnect Team
Pyramid  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:11:46 PM(UTC)
Pyramid

United Kingdom

Thanks for your help Scott.

So you are correct, I was using my own machine to test the MSI package rollout before sending it out to the rest of the Domain.

I install the package as an EXE first, then removed it then installed it with the MSI package with a direct click, then removed it again and instlled it exclusively through GPO.

Would you be able to tell me how to use The Revo program to remove it as it cannot find anything related to screenconnect or alternatively tell me how to manually uninstall anything related to Screenconnect so that I might reinstall it?

Thanks
Pyramid  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 2:32:51 PM(UTC)
Pyramid

United Kingdom

This has now been resolved thanks to help from one of the techs.

Thanks for your help Scott, you were correct in assuming it was an installation error.

Simply remove the Reg key from here -

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\

"screenconnect"

Remove all trace.
Scott  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 11:34:14 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 292 post(s)
@Pyramid thanks for the update and posting your solution! Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I didn't have any knowledge of how specifically to address it if nothing was technically installed.

So to be clear, you removed any entry within that key where the ProductName contained "ScreenConnect" ?

We've been looking at potentially writing a script for this just so that we don't have to point people to a 3rd party uninstaller, so any help you can provide would be great.
ScreenConnect Team