logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
foodtec  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 11:55:58 AM(UTC)
foodtec

Greece

Hi,
Currently when an android device needs to be setup for unattended access, a human (probably) needs to manually add an unattended server URL to the ScreenConnect app UI, the app will communicate and get the full URI it will use from there on to connect to the relay server and store them in its shared prefs in AccessClientLaunchParametersUri

This is at least as best as I understand it.

When trying to deploy to thousands of devices in a centrally controlled manner (think EMM, Android for Work) though, this human interaction is simply not an option.

Is there a way to configure/deploy the ScreenConnect App unattended access functionality with no human interaction so it can be used in Corporate/COSU setup's ?

For example, is there an intent that can be used to configure the ScreenConnect app for unattended mode (Access), setup the URI, that can be launched from a DPC application after its installation?

Or can the shared prefs be created with WRITE_SETTINGS so they can be edited?
Scott  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2018 2:35:05 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 345 time(s) in 299 post(s)
The unattended Android client is still in its infancy and we're looking for more features to add. We haven't done anything to specifically address these kinds of larger scale rollouts mainly because we're not sure what would help best. I strongly recommend adding your suggestions to our Product Feedback Portal.
ScreenConnect Team
foodtec  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2018 2:43:19 PM(UTC)
foodtec

Greece

Thanks Scott, will do.

In the mean time, can you please explain if I can do something with the debug release you have?