logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pastor_dubb  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2018 6:59:03 PM(UTC)
pastor_dubb


Rank: Guest

Joined: 1/3/2018(UTC)
Posts: 5
United States
Location: Missouri

Thanks: 1 times
My company uses ZOHO for everything, except remote support. We use our Screenconnect page as our landing page for our support model. We have access to a chat widget that our customers can use to start chats with our support staff. ZOHO provides us the Java script for the widget but I am having a heck of a time finding any tutorials on how to get the script to work on our cloud instance. Can someone guide me on this?

Below is the script

<script type="text/javascript">
var $zoho=$zoho || {};$zoho.salesiq = $zoho.salesiq ||
{widgetcode:"cc685bc1af09ce21f2899d31a435d62cb95515cc5969efbd266b099e531ae5d1", values:{},ready:function(){}};
var d=document;s=d.createElement("script");s.type="text/javascript";s.id="zsiqscript";s.defer=true;
s.src="https://salesiq.zoho.com/widget";t=d.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];t.parentNode.insertBefore(s,t);d.write("<div id='zsiqwidget'></div>");
</script>


Any help would be greatly appreciated ThumpUp We are currently on the latest release of the Screenconnect 6.5.15743.6551
Conrad L  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 8:21:38 PM(UTC)
Conrad L


Rank: Member

Joined: 7/17/2017(UTC)
Posts: 20

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pastor_dubb Go to Quoted Post
My company uses ZOHO for everything, except remote support. We use our Screenconnect page as our landing page for our support model. We have access to a chat widget that our customers can use to start chats with our support staff. ZOHO provides us the Java script for the widget but I am having a heck of a time finding any tutorials on how to get the script to work on our cloud instance. Can someone guide me on this?

Below is the script

<script type="text/javascript">
var $zoho=$zoho || {};$zoho.salesiq = $zoho.salesiq ||
{widgetcode:"cc685bc1af09ce21f2899d31a435d62cb95515cc5969efbd266b099e531ae5d1", values:{},ready:function(){}};
var d=document;s=d.createElement("script");s.type="text/javascript";s.id="zsiqscript";s.defer=true;
s.src="https://salesiq.zoho.com/widget";t=d.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];t.parentNode.insertBefore(s,t);d.write("<div id='zsiqwidget'></div>");
</script>


Any help would be greatly appreciated ThumpUp We are currently on the latest release of the Screenconnect 6.5.15743.6551


Hi pastor_dubb,

You can get that widget on your guest page by writing a simple extension. What follows is a step by step guide:

1) Download and install the Extension Developer extension form the marketplace.
2) Navigate to the Extensions tab and click the Create Extension from Template link near the top of the page.
3) Select the Blank Template from the modal and then click the Clone and Install button.
4) Find the extension titled My New Extension (from Blank Template) from within your list of extensions, expand the Develop dropdown menu and then select Edit Files. This will open the extension editor.
5) From within the editor, select Manifest.xml and replace the default xml with the following:

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ExtensionManifest>
  <Version>1.0</Version>
  <Name>Name of the extension goes here</Name>
  <Author>Name of the extension author goes here</Author>
  <ShortDescription>A description of the extension goes here</ShortDescription>
  <Components>
    <ClientScriptInitializer SourceFile="Initializer.js" />
    <WebResourcesDefinition SourceFile="Web.en-US.resx" />
  </Components>
</ExtensionManifest>


6) Next, click the New button in the upper left hand corner of the editor and provide a filename like ZohoWidget.js. This will create a new file to which you can paste the javascript code that was provided to you by Zoho:

Code:

var $zoho=$zoho || {};$zoho.salesiq = $zoho.salesiq || 
{widgetcode:"cc685bc1af09ce21f2899d31a435d62cb95515cc5969efbd266b099e531ae5d1", values:{},ready:function(){}};
var d=document;s=d.createElement("script");s.type="text/javascript";s.id="zsiqscript";s.defer=true;
s.src="https://salesiq.zoho.com/widget";t=d.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];t.parentNode.insertBefore(s,t);d.write("<div id='zsiqwidget'></div>");


7) Click the New button again, create a file called Initializer.js and paste in the following:

Code:

if(SC.context.pageType === 'GuestPage' && !window.$zoho) {
    SC.util.includeScript(extensionContext.baseUrl + 'ZohoWidget.js', function () { return $zoho; });
}


8) Click the Save All button in the editor's menu bar and then close the editor. Navigate to the guest page and, if all went well, you should see something like this:

UserPostedImage

Hope that helps.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Conrad L for this useful post.
pastor_dubb on 1/6/2018(UTC)
pastor_dubb  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2018 4:40:37 PM(UTC)
pastor_dubb


Rank: Guest

Joined: 1/3/2018(UTC)
Posts: 5
United States
Location: Missouri

Thanks: 1 times
Conrad L

Thank you so much for the wonderful tutorial. It was quite simple. However I am running in to an error. After I save the extension and then attempt to enable it I get an error.

Next to status it says "Load Error" Confused

I am not seeing a log anywhere that I could see what the error is related to.

Here is a screenshot of the extension

Edited by user Saturday, January 6, 2018 4:42:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scott  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2018 1:42:57 PM(UTC)
Scott


Rank: Administration

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

Joined: 3/28/2014(UTC)
Posts: 2,764
United States

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 292 post(s)
If you hover over the 'Load Error' text, a bubble with a more detailed explanation of the issue should appear. What does the bubble say?
ScreenConnect Team
Conrad L  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2018 1:53:36 PM(UTC)
Conrad L


Rank: Member

Joined: 7/17/2017(UTC)
Posts: 20

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pastor_dubb Go to Quoted Post
Conrad L

Thank you so much for the wonderful tutorial. It was quite simple. However I am running in to an error. After I save the extension and then attempt to enable it I get an error.

Next to status it says "Load Error" Confused

I am not seeing a log anywhere that I could see what the error is related to.

Here is a screenshot of the extension


Try going to extensions page, opening the developer tools (F12 if you are using Chrome) and then selecting the Network tab. Once on the network tab, refresh the page and find a request called GetExtensionInfos. Click on that and take a look at the response. Depending on the number of extensions you have installed, the response will contain a list of several JSON objects, you need to find the one with the proper ExtensionID and/or Name. Within that object, you should see something like this (only part of the object is represented below):

Code:

{
   "ExtensionID":"278e5389-a9f2-42ff-bd0f-7e2c138b9a35",
   "Name":"Zoho Widget",
   "Version":"1.0",
   "Author":"ConnectWise Labs",
   "ShortDescription":"Creates a Zoho widget on the guest page.",
   "Status":1,
   "LoadMessage":"Error loading manifest file: There is an error in XML document (11, 1).",
   "IsEnabled":false, 
   ...
}


Check out the value of the LoadMessage key. That should let you know what the trouble is.
ScreenConnect Team
pastor_dubb  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 8:39:30 PM(UTC)
pastor_dubb


Rank: Guest

Joined: 1/3/2018(UTC)
Posts: 5
United States
Location: Missouri

Thanks: 1 times
Originally Posted by: Conrad L Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: pastor_dubb Go to Quoted Post
Conrad L

Thank you so much for the wonderful tutorial. It was quite simple. However I am running in to an error. After I save the extension and then attempt to enable it I get an error.

Next to status it says "Load Error" Confused

I am not seeing a log anywhere that I could see what the error is related to.

Here is a screenshot of the extension


Try going to extensions page, opening the developer tools (F12 if you are using Chrome) and then selecting the Network tab. Once on the network tab, refresh the page and find a request called GetExtensionInfos. Click on that and take a look at the response. Depending on the number of extensions you have installed, the response will contain a list of several JSON objects, you need to find the one with the proper ExtensionID and/or Name. Within that object, you should see something like this (only part of the object is represented below):

Code:

{
   "ExtensionID":"278e5389-a9f2-42ff-bd0f-7e2c138b9a35",
   "Name":"Zoho Widget",
   "Version":"1.0",
   "Author":"ConnectWise Labs",
   "ShortDescription":"Creates a Zoho widget on the guest page.",
   "Status":1,
   "LoadMessage":"Error loading manifest file: There is an error in XML document (11, 1).",
   "IsEnabled":false, 
   ...
}


Check out the value of the LoadMessage key. That should let you know what the trouble is.




Thank you for the suggestions. Here is a screenshot of the error HERE

I will also just provide the error in this post as well. Looks to be an issue with the signature?

{ExtensionID: "1b3aaff1-45f3-4cca-b762-0ac1b06346da", Name: "ZOHO Chat", Version: "1.0",…}
Author :"Pastor Dubb"
AuthorKey: "mpUvW_M7gUKCfMZ0nk6MaAXfo2WK4iAhlbQcrvdIlz4"
ExtensionID: "1b3aaff1-45f3-4cca-b762-0ac1b06346da"
IsEnabled: false
LoadMessage: "Error validating signature: Signature not found"
Name: "ZOHO Chat"
PromotionalImageDataString: A VERY LONG STRING OF CHARACTERS
Settings: []
ShortDescription: "ZOHO Chat Widget"
Status: 1
Version: "1.0"


shawnkhall  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 6:09:11 AM(UTC)
shawnkhall


Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Joined: 2/6/2014(UTC)
Posts: 297
Man
United States

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Based on the error message (Error validating signature: Signature not found), my guess is that you're using Control 6.5 beta and are bumping into the "you're not allowed to create extensions on your own on-premise installation anymore" issue.
http://forum.screenconne...-premises-instances.aspx

pastor_dubb  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 6:59:32 PM(UTC)
pastor_dubb


Rank: Guest

Joined: 1/3/2018(UTC)
Posts: 5
United States
Location: Missouri

Thanks: 1 times
Originally Posted by: shawnkhall Go to Quoted Post
Based on the error message (Error validating signature: Signature not found), my guess is that you're using Control 6.5 beta and are bumping into the "you're not allowed to create extensions on your own on-premise installation anymore" issue.
http://forum.screenconne...-premises-instances.aspx



But this is not an on-premise installation, this is a cloud instance hosted by ScreenConnect. Under Server Info on our cloud instance the version shows - 6.5.15743.6551.
shawnkhall  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 8:14:04 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall


Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Joined: 2/6/2014(UTC)
Posts: 297
Man
United States

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 22 post(s)
interesting. this actually demonstrates exactly what many of us are expecting to happen to our on-premise installations once we install 6.5.
pastor_dubb  
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 7:55:22 PM(UTC)
pastor_dubb


Rank: Guest

Joined: 1/3/2018(UTC)
Posts: 5
United States
Location: Missouri

Thanks: 1 times
SO it has been a few weeks now since I was able to work on this issue. Seems like nothing has changed though. I am still not able to "Enable" the custom extension that I created. Are custom extensions no longer allowed? Anyone have some concrete documentation that would indicate why this is not working on a cloud instance? I can't find anything.
Evg  
#11 Posted : Saturday, March 3, 2018 12:39:56 PM(UTC)
Evg


Rank: Guest

Joined: 3/3/2018(UTC)
Posts: 2

Originally Posted by: pastor_dubb Go to Quoted Post
SO it has been a few weeks now since I was able to work on this issue. Seems like nothing has changed though. I am still not able to "Enable" the custom extension that I created. Are custom extensions no longer allowed? Anyone have some concrete documentation that would indicate why this is not working on a cloud instance? I can't find anything.


Me too

Version:6.5.16479.6613

Status: Load Error (Error validating signature: Signature not found)

How to enable extension???
shawnkhall  
#12 Posted : Saturday, March 3, 2018 7:52:21 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall


Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Joined: 2/6/2014(UTC)
Posts: 297
Man
United States

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 22 post(s)
have you contacted CW about converting your instance to a developer instance yet?
Quote:
...please send your instance URL and ID to pm@screenconnect.com (to convert it to a developer instance) and we'll get you set up.
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.