logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cdandrea  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 7:56:47 PM(UTC)
cdandrea

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Canada

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi folks,

it's been over five years since we started using Control (when it was Elsinore ScreenConnect). It's only in the last month that we finally decided to introduce HTTPS for the website itself. As we were taking the opportunity to update some of the branding we thought it may be worthwhile to introduce an SSL. The process was pretty straightforward and we now in business. I'm not sure if it was a strange coincidence but there appeared to be some problems reading from the settings under Admin > Appearance. A few examples includes the icons and background picture. We have our own and they no longer display even though they are defined under Admin > Appearance. I thought it may have been some conflicting Extensions, but we had added any in a while. What was more of a problem was that the display of our CustomProperties, 3 through 8, was no longer present.

Since there are so many settings in the Web Resource section of Admin > Appearance, a handy trick is to use a browser search to find the string you're looking for on the page. In the case of searching for "CustomPropertyN", I end up with hundreds of results with none of them highlighting in the key field, only the value field, mostly within a string. It's been a while since we've had to play around with the visibility and labelling of the CustomProperty fields, but they no longer appear available. How are they now controlled? Did I miss an update along the way where this changed?

While I'm not happy about the visual branding not being displayed, the bigger issue is that the additional CustomProperty (3-8) fields are missing. We spent a lot of time manually populating them. This helps define our session groups, when querying for devices, or just plain info when looking at an asset. I'm not sure if it's related but we did have a blip where we received a couple messages (about the file can't be written to because it is in use) within Admin > Appearance when trying to make changes to the Web Resources. Looking at the directory (App_WebResources) that houses the .resx files, they all look to be fine.

Does any have any thoughts?
Could there be some cached files pointing to the old HTTP paths versus the newer HTTPS paths?
If they are being read in when the browser loads the pages, host or guest, perhaps they can't?