logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kemartinez1  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 7:58:27 PM(UTC)
kemartinez1

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group Member

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
ConnectWise View technical preview is ending September 14, 2018

ConnectWise View engages technicians (coordinators) and their end-user (cameraperson) in real time through a web-enabled, live stream session. This allows the coordinator to see what the cameraperson is seeing and effectively walk them through issues at the their physical location. ConnectWise View can also be used to assess hardware/environments, capture asset information, and more.

No need to roll a truck to get eyes on a situation. ConnectWise View allows users to engage in an immersive, augmented reality experience, offering a better way to capture information, troubleshoot issues, and solve problems remotely.

FAQ:
https://docs.connectwise...equently-asked_questions

Documentation:
https://docs.connectwise...ntation/ConnectWise_View

Bug Reports and Enhancement Requests:
https://control.product....nnectwise-view-main-page

Edited by moderator Tuesday, September 11, 2018 10:05:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team
chriscamp  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 9:03:51 PM(UTC)
chriscamp

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
This looks great and I can absolutely see the value. I know Bomgar has this functionality in their support product so it's nice to see here. Is the intent to include this in the current ConnectWise Control product? The name "ConnectWise View" leads me to believe it is likely a separate product. Also, what are the plans for cloud/on-premise?

Thanks,
Chris Campbell
Matt Highsmith  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2018 12:43:05 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Is this feature going to be available on on-premise servers also at some point?
Scott  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2018 12:37:31 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 345 time(s) in 299 post(s)
@Matt Highsmith yes that is the intention, it will likely be setup through an Extension.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Scott for this useful post.
Matt Highsmith on 6/25/2018(UTC)
deecater  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 7:17:01 PM(UTC)
deecater

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: chriscamp Go to Quoted Post
This looks great and I can absolutely see the value. I know Bomgar has this functionality in their support product so it's nice to see here. Is the intent to include this in the current ConnectWise Control product? The name "ConnectWise View" leads me to believe it is likely a separate product. Also, what are the plans for cloud/on-premise?

Thanks,
Chris Campbell

ConnectWise View is still in the very early stages. The intent is to develop it as a separate product with integrations into existing ConnectWise products. We also intend to make it available for on-premise partners and are researching the best way to accomplish this. For now, on-premise partners can test ConnectWise View by signing up for a trial cloud license and changing the instance's auto-upgrade channel to Preview.
mike.jones  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2018 4:35:52 AM(UTC)
mike.jones

United States

When will this be available for folks like us who are hosted by ConnectWise (Manage, Automate, and Control all hosted)?

-Mike
teksigns  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2018 10:52:56 AM(UTC)
teksigns

Medals: Bug Buster Level Two: Bugs are more afraid of you than you are of them...ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
love it . but only for onsite install .. not interested in cloud services .
Scott  
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2018 11:11:30 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 345 time(s) in 299 post(s)
We're aiming for a wider-but-still-beta release towards the end of the summer and then hopefully a full release before the end of the year, ideally in November. Please remember that these timeframes are subject to change, however.
ScreenConnect Team
tjohnson0011  
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2018 8:47:20 PM(UTC)
tjohnson0011

United States

This new product of ConnectWise View is a God send. Right now; the only way to see what customers are seeing is by them sending a picture OR doing a Face-time; which as most techs would agree; we would rather not be seen and just hide behind the curtain and just fix the customers issues.

Question, I understand this will be a separate product with its own pricing structure. I hope that there will be a way to add a button to our current ConnectWise control to quickly access the View portion and send a code? I can't imagine logging out of Control and logging into a separate portal for View, correct?
kemartinez1  
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2018 9:10:21 PM(UTC)
kemartinez1

United States

Originally Posted by: tjohnson0011 Go to Quoted Post
This new product of ConnectWise View is a God send. Right now; the only way to see what customers are seeing is by them sending a picture OR doing a Face-time; which as most techs would agree; we would rather not be seen and just hide behind the curtain and just fix the customers issues.

Question, I understand this will be a separate product with its own pricing structure. I hope that there will be a way to add a button to our current ConnectWise control to quickly access the View portion and send a code? I can't imagine logging out of Control and logging into a separate portal for View, correct?

Yes, View will be offered as a package add-on for Control and Manage.

ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked kemartinez1 for this useful post.
tjohnson0011 on 7/5/2018(UTC)
tjohnson0011  
#11 Posted : Saturday, July 7, 2018 5:41:44 PM(UTC)
tjohnson0011

United States

How long will the ConnectWise View be available for us to use in our Portal during this BETA testing?
kemartinez1  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 2:33:03 PM(UTC)
kemartinez1

United States

Originally Posted by: tjohnson0011 Go to Quoted Post
How long will the ConnectWise View be available for us to use in our Portal during this BETA testing?

The plan is to keep it in Control until late August, but the date may be extended.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked kemartinez1 for this useful post.
tjohnson0011 on 7/10/2018(UTC)
Control_Freak  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 1:21:40 PM(UTC)
Control_Freak

Great product!

I tested from Chrome to an Android and then an iPhone. Both connected and we were able to see the end users camera. I took test screenshots of the users view on both sessions.

Questions:

1. Once the Android session was completed. I closed the support window and started a new one for the iPhone. The android user then re-clicked it's connection link and was sharing the video again... How can I reconnect to the Android user? Where is the user video going (into the abyss?)? Is there anyway to go back to that session? Or do I need to restart a new one and send the new link?

2. Where do the screenshots go? After closing the support window I realized I forgot to save the screenshot and don't see anyway to retrieve it?

Thank you,
TekForceOne  
#14 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2018 4:34:33 PM(UTC)
TekForceOne

Puerto Rico

Great feature and very straightforward.

However, I wouldn't pay extra for it unless maybe in a pay-per-use model in which a charge is made every time you request a session key. I say this based in the amount of times I have actually needed to see through the user's eyes when remote support cannot be used which have been very few, so paying for a product I will seldom use is not attractive for me. But making it an integral part of the current Connectwise Control product (and not increasing it's price of course) will add value to it when compared to other solutions.

Good job!

kemartinez1  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 6:05:47 PM(UTC)
kemartinez1

United States

Originally Posted by: Control_Freak Go to Quoted Post
Great product!

I tested from Chrome to an Android and then an iPhone. Both connected and we were able to see the end users camera. I took test screenshots of the users view on both sessions.

Questions:

1. Once the Android session was completed. I closed the support window and started a new one for the iPhone. The android user then re-clicked it's connection link and was sharing the video again... How can I reconnect to the Android user? Where is the user video going (into the abyss?)? Is there anyway to go back to that session? Or do I need to restart a new one and send the new link?

2. Where do the screenshots go? After closing the support window I realized I forgot to save the screenshot and don't see anyway to retrieve it?

Thank you,

Hi,

1 - You'll have to create a new session to reconnect.

2 - As of now, if screenshots are not saved before the session is closed they're gone. You can save a screenshot by right clicking the image and selecting "Save as"
ScreenConnect Team