logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Xestrix  
#51 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2018 3:51:50 PM(UTC)
Xestrix

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Will this extension be updated to work on current (6.6+) builds? This extension is such a time-saver, it would be a shame to go without it (or have to downgrade back to a supporting version of on-prem).
Scott  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 12:32:06 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 345 time(s) in 299 post(s)
@Xestrix what problem(s) are you having? It seems to be working just fine for me on 6.6.17081
ScreenConnect Team
Xestrix  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 4:55:15 PM(UTC)
Xestrix

United States

Originally Posted by: Scott Go to Quoted Post
@Xestrix what problem(s) are you having? It seems to be working just fine for me on 6.6.17081

Hi @Scott, thanks for replying.

The error I'm getting is "Status: Load Error".

Since you mentioned that it should be working, I went ahead and uninstalled then re-installed the extension and it came right up.

I had modified this extension's Initializer.js to expand the number of commands to 20 (which has worked up until now), and re-applying that change causes the extension to immediately break again now.

Is this due to the new extension approval process? (And is there a way that I can expand the command count back to 20 without breaking it now?)

Thanks!
jonmcknight  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 5:01:21 PM(UTC)
jonmcknight

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Xestrix Go to Quoted Post
...And is there a way that I can expand the command count back to 20 without breaking it now?

+1 for allowing us to modify "free" plugins/extensions without needing to go through an exhaustive ConnectWise approval/signing process.
hdflsts2002  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 5:27:18 PM(UTC)
hdflsts2002

United States

I'm having trouble getting the Command ToolBox to save my commands. SC version 6.6.17081 Command ToolBox Version 1.46.1 I have tried from a Mac using Safari and Firfox as well as Win 7 box using IE and Firefox with the same results. The current command ToolBox has 2 commands 1.) Ping 8.8.8.8 and 2.) an install command. I'd like to add some additional commands to run some WMIC calls to gather info on our systems. In all of the above cases When I select custom for the name and command fill in the information and click save no error is returned but neither the command name or actual command are saved. If I go back to exit settings the command (in this case command 3) is set back to default which is blank. If I just select the custom button but do not provide a name or actual command again it appears to save and when I return to the edit settings the custom button is selected but both fields are blank. Now if I try to only provide a name again the save appears to work but no name is actually saved.

Any and all help greatly appreciated as I've exhausted all the options I can think of. Thanks in advance for your help.

Tony
hdflsts2002  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 10:04:35 PM(UTC)
hdflsts2002

United States

As an update to my previous post. I just tried to uninstall and reinstall the extension. This did remove the 2 custom commands that were in there, but I've still got the same issue where I can not save any new custom commands.

Tony
Xestrix  
#57 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 10:14:23 PM(UTC)
Xestrix

United States

Originally Posted by: hdflsts2002 Go to Quoted Post
As an update to my previous post. I just tried to uninstall and reinstall the extension. This did remove the 2 custom commands that were in there, but I've still got the same issue where I can not save any new custom commands.

Tony

Hi Tony,

The entries should be getting saved in the /App_Data/ExtensionConfiguration.xml file.

You might want to check the permissions on that file. For the sake of troubleshooting, you could try adding an entry directly to that file and seeing if it shows up in your command toolbox.

Here's the format, just paste it directly after the <ExtensionConfigurations> opening tag (this should be line 2 of the xml file by default).

Code:
<ExtensionConfiguration ExtensionID="07979477-b058-44c4-9829-035b041eeb01" IsEnabled="true">
    <Settings>
      <Setting Name="CommandName1">
        <Value>Get Serial (Win)</Value>
      </Setting>
      <Setting Name="Command1">
        <Value>wmic bios get serialnumber /value</Value>
      </Setting>
    </Settings>
</ExtensionConfiguration>
hdflsts2002  
#58 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 2:53:58 PM(UTC)
hdflsts2002

United States

My commands showed up this morning. Only thing I could figure was that the nightly reboot of the server caused the config file to be reloaded. To verify this I added another command just now. When I go to the command toolbox the new command is not visible. Looking in the ExtensionConfiguration.xml file I see the command I just added. I did a restart of the server and poof there it was available in the command toolbox. So now my new question is, is there a way to have the server reload the config file after adding new commands without the need to restart the entire server????

Thanks in advance
Tony
Xestrix  
#59 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 3:20:32 PM(UTC)
Xestrix

United States

That sounds more likely to be a browser caching issue. Have you tried force-refreshing the page after the changes? (Or trying another browser/computer/private session)

If it really is an issue with the software not picking up the changes you could always just restart the 3 ScreenConnect services rather than rebooting the whole server.
hdflsts2002  
#60 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 3:47:35 PM(UTC)
hdflsts2002

United States

Originally Posted by: Xestrix Go to Quoted Post
That sounds more likely to be a browser caching issue. Have you tried force-refreshing the page after the changes? (Or trying another browser/computer/private session)

If it really is an issue with the software not picking up the changes you could always just restart the 3 ScreenConnect services rather than rebooting the whole server.

It's definitely not a caching issue, I just tried from a totally different machine after adding another command and I don't have that command available. On checking the xml file on the server the newly added command is in there. I did find the command to stop and start the screen connect server

sudo launchctl (unload or load) /Library/LaunchDaemons/Screenconnect.plist

This takes the ScreenConnect server down (not rebooting the entire machine) This is a slightly better option as it save a couple minutes however it still obviously drops any active seasons and does take a few minutes for the server to relaunch and become reachable again and then longer still for all the unattended hosts to reconnect. Is there any method that would not take the server down that would cause it to reload the ExtensionConfiguration.xml file?

Thanks, Tony

Edited by user Thursday, April 5, 2018 4:32:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scott  
#61 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 12:10:43 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

@Xestrix so yes, if you modified the Extension then it's signature would no longer match what's expected, thus the Load Error. With that said, I have just made a change to the extension to allow for up to 20 commands to be stored. It is version 1.6 and as soon as it's passed QA I'll release it and update this thread.

@hdflsts2002 are you able to update/save the commands from the Edit Settings section for the Extension within the Extension tab on the Administration page?

Also, just to confirm, it looks like you're running the server software on a Mac, correct? The extension Context should be refreshed automatically when making changes and it shouldn't require restarting the whole server. With that said, mono on MacOS has some quirks so it may be a separate bug.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Scott for this useful post.
Xestrix on 4/9/2018(UTC)
hdflsts2002  
#62 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 2:16:33 PM(UTC)
hdflsts2002

United States

@hdflsts2002 are you able to update/save the commands from the Edit Settings section for the Extension within the Extension tab on the Administration page?

Also, just to confirm, it looks like you're running the server software on a Mac, correct? The extension Context should be refreshed automatically when making changes and it shouldn't require restarting the whole server. With that said, mono on MacOS has some quirks so it may be a separate bug.

Yes this is running on OS X. Yes I can update and save from the Edit Settings within the Extension tab on Admin page. When I click the save button it says reloading. If I then try to use the newly added command it does not show in the drop down list. If I look at the Settings XML file on the server the command is there. The command does not show in the drop down until either the nightly reboot of the server or until I do the unload/load of the launchctl. It's not the end of the world but it is inconvenient when wanting to issue a command to multiple systems to pull information and either having to wait until the next day or taking down the screen connect server service and then bringing it back up and waiting for all the unattended hosts to reregister with the server.
Xestrix  
#63 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 4:18:49 PM(UTC)
Xestrix

United States

With that said, I have just made a change to the extension to allow for up to 20 commands to be stored. It is version 1.6 and as soon as it's passed QA I'll release it and update this thread.

Great news, thanks!
Scott  
#64 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 11:45:20 AM(UTC)
Scott

United States

@hdflsts2002 I've registered a defect for that. I haven't been able to get around to attempting replication yet but I hope to do so soon.
edit: disregard the above, I've replicated the behavior and moved the issue into the development queue to be addressed when possible.

@Xestrix version 1.6 of the Command Toolbox extension is now available where the default command limit has been raised to 20. After looking at the code again for the first time in a while I think it would be relatively simple to remove the limit entirely and I have created a task to do so. Admittedly it is a relatively-low priority but I hope to get to it soon.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 11, 2018 1:01:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Scott for this useful post.
Xestrix on 4/11/2018(UTC)
hdflsts2002  
#65 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 2:51:36 PM(UTC)
hdflsts2002

United States

@hdflsts2002 I've registered a defect for that. I haven't been able to get around to attempting replication yet but I hope to do so soon.
edit: disregard the above, I've replicated the behavior and moved the issue into the development queue to be addressed when possible.

Glad to know that it's not just me and that I am not crazy. Any idea when this defect might be resolved?