logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
point99trash2011  
#51 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 3:23:16 AM(UTC)
point99trash2011

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
This extension could from what I see, easily parse the output of "ioreg -l"

Simply passing to grep as follows yields the device's serial number easily

Code:
ioreg -l|grep -o -e '"IOPlatformSerialNumber" = ".*"'

which returns something like the following
Code:
"IOPlatformSerialNumber" = "XXXXXXXXXXX"

Other options that would be ideally pulled from that are product-name and board-id, and technically manufacturer can be as well, but then again that could simply be filled in with Apple, since we all know that answer.

product-name returns something like <"iMacXX,X"> (without quotes)
board-id would be something like <"Mac-XXXXXXXX"> where the X is a simple hex based value, and is about as close to a bios name as we need on a Mac.

we can narrow that down even more by appending
Code:
| cut -f3- -d" "
to the command above

Functional examples in order the extension presents that information:
Code:
ioreg -l|grep -o -e '"product-name" = <".*">'| cut -f3- -d" "
<"iMacXX,X">

ioreg -l|grep -o -e '"manufacturer" = <".*">'| cut -f3- -d" "
<"Apple Inc.">

ioreg -l|grep -o -e '"board-id" = <".*">'| cut -f3- -d" "
<"Mac-XXXXXXXX">

ioreg -l|grep -o -e '"IOPlatformSerialNumber" = ".*"'| cut -f3- -d" "
"XXXXXXXXXXX"

So instead of the current "isSupportedOperatingSystem" function call (Initializer.js), it simply needs to check if it is Windows or OS X and can get a plethora of info back that is just as usable.
artingerb  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2018 4:09:21 PM(UTC)
artingerb

United States

I am seeing an issue after upgrading to 6.5 where some machines will pull the information in the command windows, but will not put it into the General tab.

see below, the same machine:

INFORMATIONREQUEST-RESPONSE/1
CommandType: General
ContentType: xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Objects>
<Object Type="System.String">Dell Inc.</Object>
<Object Type="System.String">PowerEdge T620</Object>
<Object Type="System.String">Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 2.5.2</Object>
<Object Type="System.String">80NWL02</Object>
</Objects>

evputten  
#53 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 4:08:28 PM(UTC)
evputten

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Netherlands

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scott Go to Quoted Post
Version 1.5 of the Additional General Information extension is now available.

The setting 'ShouldStoreInfoInNote' has been added and when when set to true will automatically create a Note containing the relevant system information. The data contained within this Note is searchable from the Host page's filter.

I updated to the new extension, set the ShouldStoreInfoNote to true but I can't see any Notes being added in the Note tab.
Am i doing something wrong ?

Kind regards,
Erik.
mmabob  
#54 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2018 7:31:56 PM(UTC)
mmabob

Canada

Originally Posted by: artingerb Go to Quoted Post
I am seeing an issue after upgrading to 6.5 where some machines will pull the information in the command windows, but will not put it into the General tab.

see below, the same machine:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Objects>
<Object Type="System.String">Dell Inc.</Object>
<Object Type="System.String">PowerEdge T620</Object>
<Object Type="System.String">Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 2.5.2</Object>
<Object Type="System.String">80NWL02</Object>
</Objects>

I am seeing this also ever since the most recent upgrade. It looks like our windows 10 Machines are putting the info into the General tab, but the Windows 7 machines are not putting the info into the General tab. I see the info is reported back in the Command tab just as reported by artingerb.
Scott  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 11:28:56 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 292 post(s)
Just to let everyone know I am aware of the issue with the command returning yet not populating the General tab. I've registered it as a defect but due to other high-priority issues I haven't been able to really sink my teeth into it yet.

I hope to get to it soon.
ScreenConnect Team
artingerb  
#56 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 3:35:49 PM(UTC)
artingerb

United States

Just to let everyone know I am aware of the issue with the command returning yet not populating the General tab. I've registered it as a defect but due to other high-priority issues I haven't been able to really sink my teeth into it yet.

Im also now seeing, after upgrading to 6.6.16563.6619 the command is being sent almost every second to the machine that is highlighted at the current moment

Quote:
#!ps
#maxlength=100000
#timeout=90000
echo "INFORMATIONREQUEST-RESPONSE/1"
echo "CommandType: General"
echo "ContentType: xml"
echo ""
$Host.UI.RawUI.BufferSize = New-Object Management.Automation.Host.Size (500, 25)
$computer = get-wmiobject win32_computersystem | select Manufacturer, Model
$bios = get-wmiobject win32_bios | select Name, SerialNumber
write-output $computer.Manufacturer, $computer.Model, $bios.Name, $bios.SerialNumber| ConvertTo-Xml -As Stream

The screen flashes as the request is sent and the guest answers, every time. This is causing lag and is very annoying. Some machines have hundreds of commands being sent
artingerb  
#57 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 4:09:50 PM(UTC)
artingerb

United States

Originally Posted by: artingerb Go to Quoted Post

Im also now seeing, after upgrading to 6.6.16563.6619 the command is being sent almost every second to the machine that is highlighted at the current moment

Quote:
#!ps
#maxlength=100000
#timeout=90000
echo ""
$Host.UI.RawUI.BufferSize = New-Object Management.Automation.Host.Size (500, 25)
write-output $computer.Manufacturer, $computer.Model, $bios.Name, $bios.SerialNumber| ConvertTo-Xml -As Stream

The screen flashes as the request is sent and the guest answers, every time. This is causing lag and is very annoying. Some machines have hundreds of commands being sent

Image of Issue
Scott  
#58 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 11:38:15 AM(UTC)
Scott

United States

Quote:
I can confirm that I'm seeing the same thing also, this is due to the Extension's configuration to basically check if the Command has been sent in the past and if not, resend it. For some reason after 6.5 it's not able to find that the command has already been sent and is thus continually sending it.

There is some stateful management within the javascript that should prevent this which doesn't appear to be working either. I'm hoping to have time to look into this problem this week.

To help with the troubleshooting, can you shed some light with the following questions?

Are you seeing this continual sending with every Session or just specific ones? Do they have anything in common (Guest OS, installed version of powershell, etc)?

Does the Remote System Diagnostics extension work correctly on these problematic session(s)?

Is the Guest client completely up to date?
ScreenConnect Team
artingerb  
#59 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 1:33:53 PM(UTC)
artingerb

United States

Quote:

To help with the troubleshooting, can you shed some light with the following questions?

Are you seeing this continual sending with every Session or just specific ones? Do they have anything in common (Guest OS, installed version of powershell, etc)?

Does the Remote System Diagnostics extension work correctly on these problematic session(s)?

Is the Guest client completely up to date?

1) Most sessions. The only thing the working few have in common is being 2012 R2 / 10 Pro and some being Hyper-V Host/Guest. Note that also some 2012 support session guests do not work.
2) Remote system diagnostics does not work correctly on the sessions with the addtl' info command bug
3) Clients are up to date

Edited by user Monday, March 12, 2018 1:35:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scott  
#60 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 4:21:05 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

So I was able to take a look and this is related to a core bug (mentioned here).

Within the framework an InitializeTab event is supposed to fire once per tab per Session (ie once when you click on Messages tab on the Host page). After a tab has been initialized, data is added/updated via the RefreshTab event. The extension has some code within the InitializeTab event hook to reset and resend the command when the selected session is changed. What's happening is that whenever an event is added to the session (ie when a command is sent), the InitializeTab event fires incorrectly and resets the state used to determine if it's already been sent.

We're still looking into why this doesn't happen with every session, though.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 2 users thanked Scott for this useful post.
artingerb on 3/12/2018(UTC), promptcare on 4/24/2018(UTC)
artingerb  
#61 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 8:19:49 PM(UTC)
artingerb

United States

Thanks Scott, I'll keep checking here for updates as well as the Bug page
shawnkhall  
#62 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 10:54:23 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Man
United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I'm seeing a very weird issue with this extension on ONE client device. The response always looks kinda like this:

Quote:

get-wmiobject : Not found
At C:\Windows\TEMP\ScreenConnect\6.4.15787.6556\8752840f-e667-4fc5-a64f-84bd9fea87f0run.ps1:6 char:13
+ $computer = get-wmiobject win32_computersystem | select Manufacturer, Model
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Get-WmiObject], ManagementException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : GetWMIManagementException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetWmiObjectCommand

get-wmiobject : Not found
At C:\Windows\TEMP\ScreenConnect\6.4.15787.6556\8752840f-e667-4fc5-a64f-84bd9fea87f0run.ps1:7 char:9
+ $bios = get-wmiobject win32_bios | select Name, SerialNumber
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Get-WmiObject], ManagementException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : GetWMIManagementException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetWmiObjectCommand

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Objects>
<Object />
<Object />
<Object />
<Object />
</Objects>
Scott  
#63 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:35:30 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

To me, that looks more like a problem with either powershell or WMI on that specific device.

Can you run the same get-wmiobject win32_computersystem command directly on it?
ScreenConnect Team
shawnkhall  
#64 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 11:37:21 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Man
United States

thanks. it looks like WMI is broken.
artingerb  
#65 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 3:17:16 PM(UTC)
artingerb

United States

So I was able to take a look and this is related to a core bug (mentioned here).

Within the framework an InitializeTab event is supposed to fire once per tab per Session (ie once when you click on Messages tab on the Host page). After a tab has been initialized, data is added/updated via the RefreshTab event. The extension has some code within the InitializeTab event hook to reset and resend the command when the selected session is changed. What's happening is that whenever an event is added to the session (ie when a command is sent), the InitializeTab event fires incorrectly and resets the state used to determine if it's already been sent.

We're still looking into why this doesn't happen with every session, though.

@Scott: Has this been addressed by any chance in Build 6.6.17081.6648 (being as its public stable)
evputten  
#66 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 5:00:47 PM(UTC)
evputten

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Netherlands

I'm sorry to say NO, I have version 6.6.17081.6648 in a development environment, with the latest Advanced General Information extension.
It's still flashing the info like crazy and keeps sending commands.

I asked them to postpone because of the possible impact but they told me it's not the product but the extension....
I got feedback from another person that they are aware and the fix will be in the next release of 6.6 but that's not THIS version.

Edited by user Thursday, April 5, 2018 5:01:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: typo's

thanks 1 user thanked evputten for this useful post.
ebell on 4/5/2018(UTC)
kaflbabd  
#67 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 8:53:18 PM(UTC)
kaflbabd

I just discovered the magic of subgroup expressions, and it would be really useful to break out subgroups based on the information this extension pulls, such as make, model, etc. Is that possible currently?
Scott  
#68 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 11:31:21 AM(UTC)
Scott

United States

@evputten rev 17081 does not include the Host page fix which caused the initializetab event to trigger more often than expected. I have just tested the extension with rev 17611 which does have the fix merged and the issue is no longer happening against my small sample of test machines.

@kaflbabd The extension has the ability to store the information within a Note which is disable by default (iirc). You can enable that setting from the Edit Settings section of the Extension's listing within the Extension tab on the Administration page. Notes can be used within subgroup expressions. An example of this looks like:
UserPostedImage
ScreenConnect Team
kaflbabd  
#69 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 12:03:39 PM(UTC)
kaflbabd

Thanks Scott. I saw the notes feature last night but that creates a subgroup for every machine, as the note includes the Dell service tag (and the specs vary slightly as well). What I'd like is to have a subgroup for "Dell OptiPlex" or "Dell PowerEdge". Is there a way to limit the expression to just the first X characters or something?
evputten  
#70 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 8:25:52 PM(UTC)
evputten

Netherlands

Hi Scott, I made the decision and updated from 6.4 to 6.6 (bye bye on premise developing).

It's build 6.6.17808.6681

I've started updating all the agents.
However if I now have the Addition General Information Extension turned on I see the name of the PC I'm looking at automatically switching through different PC's with different screenshots on the right panel.
After a few seconds it stops, returning to selected pc in my screen, and then after a few seconds it restarts the process.

With the extension turned off i get normal behavior.

(Any good software handy to record this behavior for you to see ??, I can send a screenshot showing the selected PC is not the PC shown on the general information tab if that helps)

Kind regards,
Erik.
Guruli  
#71 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 8:52:01 PM(UTC)
Guruli

United States

it seems there is a known issue with this plugin when running v6.6.17081.6648 ... before at v6.5 it worked great.. .now it seems they plugin causes constant repeat command queues to the client endpoints while often not getting the info.. so tech told me they are working on re-releasing v6.6 in a couple of weeks.
evputten  
#72 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:08:57 PM(UTC)
evputten

Netherlands

@guruli :
Yes that problem is known.
Scott wrote in his message above mine that he caught the refreshing and blinking problem in build 17611, thats why i upgraded to 17808 not your 17081 build, that is lots of builds older.

My post was to show a new problem, to help isolate the problem for Scott.
Sadly my always blinking problem pc has permanently crashed due to a ransomware attack, the rebuilt pc does not show the same problem.
evputten  
#73 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 12:54:52 PM(UTC)
evputten

Netherlands

I just found out that even with the Additional General Information Extension disabled this display of the wrong selected PC happens on the panel to the right.
So it has nothing to do with the extension, maybe just with build 17808 ???

Kind regards,
Erik
evputten  
#74 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 9:31:33 PM(UTC)
evputten

Netherlands

Found the culprit the new ESET Antivirus Extension causes this. 1.0.5

(I have so many extensions installed it took a while BigGrin )

cristobalcat  
#75 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 8:01:22 PM(UTC)
cristobalcat

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group Member

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
@ddre It actually doesn't refresh the data, but you can manually do so by running the following command against the machine from the Command tab on the Host page:

Code:

#!ps 
#maxlength=100000 
#timeout=90000 
echo "" $Host.UI.RawUI.BufferSize = New-Object Management.Automation.Host.Size (500, 25) 

I tested this, since it's happening in my v.5.5
If I do switch between tabs, as suggested in other answer on this topic, and even wait, back&forth several times in those sessions wo that info, won't do anything. Confused
Now I run this 'batch' and worked charming. Laugh
Thanks!!
vexation  
#76 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 8:32:22 PM(UTC)
vexation

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
So what are the chances that ScreenConnect can be updated in general to just listen to output from Commands?

Considering we can trigger manual updates via..
Quote:
#!ps
#maxlength=100000
#timeout=90000
echo "" $Host.UI.RawUI.BufferSize = New-Object Management.Automation.Host.Size (500, 25)

Can ScreenConnect or a plugin be configured to just listen to whatever output is given and then add to a note based on that output?

This would be an absolute god-send for some reports I'm trying to make.
shawnkhall  
#77 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 9:55:38 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: vexation Go to Quoted Post
Can ScreenConnect or a plugin be configured to just listen to whatever output is given and then add to a note based on that output?

It can and I've actually been working on an extension that does exactly this. It uses an external database to translate simple command input ("drivetest") to longer command scripts ("%programfiles%\smartmontools\bin\smartctl.exe -a sda") and parses specific responses ('Seek_Error_Rate', for example) to harvest data for reporting purposes, then it sets flags in notes or a customproperty to locate devices quickly with the Session Groups feature.

Too much business logic is currently exposed within my extension, so I am not currently at liberty to share it. As time permits I'll be sanitizing it so I can share it on the Extension Library.
ebell  
#78 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 8:45:57 PM(UTC)
ebell

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thank you for the updated to the extension.
leiby  
#79 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 4:21:33 PM(UTC)
leiby

Hi

Is there a possibility to search based on the Dell service tag?

Edited by user Monday, August 6, 2018 4:25:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

chriscamp  
#80 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 4:40:06 PM(UTC)
chriscamp

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
We are able to search using ServiceTag (Bios Serial) in our environment.

Thx,
Chris
leiby  
#81 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 7:01:10 PM(UTC)
leiby

Search where? i have a list of over 1000 computers, the service tag comes up only when the computer is selected

Edited by user Monday, August 6, 2018 7:01:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

chriscamp  
#82 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 3:12:49 AM(UTC)
chriscamp

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I can find by searching using the top search box. I tried with the extension option option to ShouldStoreInfoInNote both on and off and it works for me.
SoCo_Systems  
#83 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 11:17:19 AM(UTC)
SoCo_Systems

Man
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
My very brief testing only returned search results if the service tag was stored in the notes, so I think you would need the ShouldStoreInfoInNote option enabled, at least initially.
tlucas  
#84 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 2:39:25 PM(UTC)
tlucas

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Do I understand correctly that now that I've updated to 6.7, I can't manually add in the functionality to see the local IP address and other useful info? How about adding all of the various info and giving us check boxes to pick and choose what we want to see. Is there another way of getting local/private IP to be displayed (and searchable)?
evputten  
#85 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 10:29:03 AM(UTC)
evputten

Netherlands

Version 6.8 does not seem to be compatible with the current Addition General Information extension (1.5.2)
When clicking on the command line part in the panel the panel gets resized to a size way to small to read anything.
You might have to check other items on right panel before you get the issue, once it's there you have to close the webpage or disable the extension to get back to a readable panel.

Scott  
#86 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:27:55 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

@evputten which exact version of Control are you running? On version 6.8.20124 I am not seeing any problems.
ScreenConnect Team
evputten  
#87 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 7:05:12 AM(UTC)
evputten

Netherlands

@scott, it took some time, i have a lot of extensions turned on and wanted to give you the correct report. (46 in total....)

I have the very latest version of 6.8, but the problem is a little bit more complex.
I have disabled all extensions and then tried until i found the culprit.
It happens with all 6.8 versions and the following extensions turned on : Remote System Diagnostics version 1.4.3, Additional General Information 1.5.2 and Expand and Minimize Host Panel pages 1.1
Turning any of those 3 off removes the issue.
Can you confirm you can reproduce the error with this combination ?
Otherwise i'll record a small video.

Kind regards,
Erik.