logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yellowhousejake  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 6:36:11 PM(UTC)
yellowhousejake

Good afternoon,

Due to Firefox, we must add SSL ability to our internal ScreenConnect server. We already have a Wildcard cert from GoDaddy in use on many of our servers. I would like to isntall that on our ScreenConnect server. A 2012 Standard running only ScreenConnect and a UniFi server on separate IPs.

Following the instructions found in the document listed in the title, I am unable to complete the binding of the cert in windows. PowerShell simply responds with "The parameter is incorrect."

Searching forums I have found many suggestions such as; single quotes around the appid, no braces around the appid, reversing the appid and certhash parameters, checking for stray characters in the hash, even using apostrophes. Nothing works, I get the same error. I tried to get information on advanced administration from docs.microsoft.com, but all the links I think might hold answers are 404 not found.

I am a Unix admin, this Windows stuff is baffling and the Power Shell is about 20 years behind BASH. I am struggling here.

How can we make this work?

Thanks

DAve

Edited by user Monday, March 19, 2018 6:36:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

yellowhousejake  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 2:58:41 PM(UTC)
yellowhousejake

This command worked.

netsh --% http add sslcert ipport=0.0.0.0:443 certhash="8bf9c4402aa8321bfda34312d5396d6088af70ee" appid="{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}" certstorename=MY

After many hours reading solutions that failed, I simply went with a gut instinct and started changing how the param values were presented. It turned out double quotes was the solution.

Edited the web.config as per the provided documentation and we are up with SSL.

DAve