logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bbardon  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2018 10:06:29 PM(UTC)
bbardon

Have couple of workstations running Manjaro (a flavor of Arch Linux) and have tried the script installer but no go. Has anyone found a way to install on Arch?
Scott  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2018 1:40:08 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 336 time(s) in 290 post(s)
What is the output of the installation script?

Also is Java installed on the machine(s)? If so, what version?
ScreenConnect Team
bbardon  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 5:01:25 AM(UTC)
bbardon

Output:

ConnectWiseControl.ClientSetup.sh: line 237: InstallPackageFile: command not found

The script attempts to determine what package manager is native to the target system [determinePackageType()], and then prefixes the function named in the call with rpm, pkg or deb. As Arch is none of the above, no prefix is added to the InstallPackageFile function call and it fails.

If we could bypass that process and simply drop binaries and scripts where they belong, is there a chance it would run on Arch? I reverted my main desktop OS back to Mint just so I can keep ScreenConnect running on it. I may, if I ever find the time, try copying the pieces over and see what happens.
Scott  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 12:37:49 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 336 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Quote:
If we could bypass that process and simply drop binaries and scripts where they belong, is there a chance it would run on Arch? I reverted my main desktop OS back to Mint just so I can keep ScreenConnect running on it. I may, if I ever find the time, try copying the pieces over and see what happens.

In theory yes, as long as Java was installed on the machine. You could just copy over the installation location /opt/screenconnect-xxx from a separate Linux guest onto this machine and then place the startup script found at /etc/init.d/screenconnect-xxx

You would have to modify the SessionID found at /opt/screenconnect-xxx/ClientLaunchParameters.txt after copying it over so that the new Guest calls back with a unique primary key. To my knowledge the SessionID is the S parameter and a Guid, so just modify one letter or number to a different letter or number (within the S= parameter).
ScreenConnect Team