logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cps2  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 9:35:53 PM(UTC)
cps2

United States

I have an idea for an extension that should be trivially easy to implement, but I find the developer docs somewhat... wanting. I have looked at code for many extensions and there is a great deal of context that is left unexplained and essentially no comments in the code explaining what is going on. The online docs are very minimalist.

So the idea is simply this. Right now there is a great extension called Command Toolbox that inserts a menu item "Command Toolbox" and when that is selected, a dialog box appears and allows you to select from a drop-down list of up to 10 CLI commands to be issued to the selected client computers. This is great for commands that are not used too frequently, however there are other cases of frequently used commands where this process is a little tedious.

Simple example: it is fairly common to want to issue a restart command to one or a group of selected computers. I would like to have a menu item called "Restart" which maps to the CLI command "shutdown -r". Having this directly in the menu would save three steps versus using Command Toolbox.

If there were an extension that implements this, it would then be trivial to clone that extension and edit it for a different menu item / command. In principle, this could be one of the templates.

Someone who knows what they are doing could probably whip this up in 10 minutes starting from an existing template. Any takers?

p.s. Even better would be the ability to stick such a command in the toolbar (one less click to access it), but I'm not sure if that's even possible with the API.
deecater  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 9:27:36 PM(UTC)
deecater

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group Member

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Sounds like this might be helpful as an extension. You can request it on our product enhancement forum. It'll create an issue for the team to review and other partners can upvote it.

ConnectWise Control Feature Request Portal
cps2  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2018 3:05:18 AM(UTC)
cps2

United States

Originally Posted by: deecater Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like this might be helpful as an extension. You can request it on our product enhancement forum. It'll create an issue for the team to review and other partners can upvote it.

ConnectWise Control Feature Request Portal

Thank you. I have submitted the feature request.