logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
silas_miller  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2016 8:39:26 PM(UTC)
silas_miller

United States

I had trouble finding a guide for setting up Screenconnect on a VPS that already was hosting websites and still allow port 80 access. I have a digital ocean droplet running ubuntu with nginx and ajenti that I wanted to put SC on and I got it working this way:

1.) Install SC per the instructions. I used the default ports as those weren't being used by any of my websites. You need to be sure that mono is the only thing on that port. If you're not sure what is using what run: netstat -tulpn

2.) Setup yourdomain.com DNS to point to your SC server.

3.) Setup NGINX config file for that domain something like this(I use ajenti so this I added the location part in custom config):

server {
listen *:80;

server_name yourdomain.com;

access_log /var/log/nginx/yourdomain.access.log;
error_log /var/log/nginx/yourdomain.error.log;

root /srv/yourdomain;
index index.html index.htm index.php;

location / {

proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8040;
proxy_connect_timeout 120000;
proxy_send_timeout 120000;
proxy_read_timeout 120000;

}

}

The important bit is the proxy_pass. This allows yourdomain.com(on the nginx server) to goto youdoamin.com:8040(on the SC mono server).

Hope this helps someone!

I also migrated from Windows when doing this and there were a few hiccups in that process, mainly you don't want to copy the web.config as it won't work from windows to linux. Instead copy the license and AsymmetricKey parts and leave the others as they were installed. Then copy the folders as outlined in the migration guide.

The external checks fail but you can fix that error by modifying your hosts file or just ignore it since everything is working and it's just a local resolution error.

Edited by user Saturday, March 12, 2016 11:55:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified