logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rich2323  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:22:13 PM(UTC)
rich2323

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Running OSX 10.11.1

On this mac I tried installing the Access install and after installing it I am getting a "Waiting for free slot..." message.

So I tried setting up a support session, and ran the install, and I am able to access that machine using this method.

What would cause the Access session to not work, but the support session to work?

What are my steps to troubleshoot?

Rich

Scott  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:27:34 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Waiting for free slot means that another session has called back into the server with the same SessionID. Is this OSX machine cloned from another that may have already had ScreenConnect installed?

Also, just to be clear, what version of ScreenConnect are you running on the server?
ScreenConnect Team
rich2323  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:32:18 PM(UTC)
rich2323

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Scott,

I am running 5.4.9730.5756.

Its possible this has been cloned, but i am not positive.

Lets say it was, wouldn't a fresh install solve that? If not, what will?

Rich
Scott  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:41:33 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Basically you just need to mutate the sessionID in the client launch parameters to something else. The easiest way to do this is just to delete the file and then re-run the client installer. By default the client launch params can be found at (the x's will be your server's public key thumbprint):

Code:

/opt/screenconnect-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.app/Contents/Resources/ClientLaunchParameters.txt

So by deleting the above file and re-running the access client installer on that machine, it should generate a new SessionID and then call back to the server as a new, unique session.

A fresh install will only recreate the files if they do not already exist, it doesn't replace them with new files.

If you wanted to dig a bit deeper, you could pull the S parameter (a GUID) out of the above text file before deleting it. You could then append it to your ScreenConnect server's URL to find out which other machine is currently calling back with that ID. The appended-into URl would look like:

Code:

http://your.screenconnect.com/Host#All Machines//[S_PARAMETER_HERE]

Again, though, that's more for curiosity's sake than actually solving the issue.
ScreenConnect Team
rich2323  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 6:13:32 PM(UTC)
rich2323

That solved it, thanks Scott!

Rich