logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joel Burkholder  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 8:23:58 PM(UTC)
Joel Burkholder

United States

There has been a growing number of computers that have had issue when getting the newest version of Screen Connect installed to them.

When this error is generated is after the most recent .msi package is attempted to be installed after download. A dialog box appears with the source server saying that the network resource is not available. After clicking cancel. The following message comes up

"The older version of Screen Connect Client [ed1370299e753d6c] cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group."

The next steps to confirm that this point is correct is going into the Add remove programs confirming that Screen Connect is not a listed program. Then going into the Program files (on 32bit versions the Program files X86) and deleting the Screen Connect folder then using a registry cleaner [CCleaner] to verify that all left overs from the previous install have been removed.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Scott  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 12:55:08 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
We see this quite often if the client was originally installed via GPO, does that sound possible? It can be caused by other issues, personally I've seen it happen on machines where there's an issue with the MSIEXEC proc's installer database being deleted or modified in some way.

Typically, running Microsoft's FixIt tool to uninstall the previous version will then allow you to install the new one. That tool can be found here.
ScreenConnect Team
Joel Burkholder  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 4:33:48 PM(UTC)
Joel Burkholder

United States

Scott,

Thank you for the above help this did correct the issue for two out of three computers that where experiencing the above issue.

With the final computer it is still having the same issue. It does not have the Screen Connect client installed in any way. When the newest version is attempted to install it still loops back to the previous version is still installed and unable to continue install.

Checked all previous steps taken above to ensure that I have not not missed any steps that could have corrected the issue like the others. Still getting the same results.

Reid  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 12:19:01 PM(UTC)
Reid

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hey Joel,

If you would, contact our team we would be happy to help (https://www.screenconnect.com/Support) and we can arrange a session to that one machine and see if we are able to help get the client installed there.

Edited by moderator Wednesday, October 26, 2016 2:18:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team
Joel Burkholder  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 4:33:38 PM(UTC)
Joel Burkholder

United States

Reid,

Thank you for the assistance with this. I will be getting with the User to setup a time to see when will best work to have this reviewed.

I will request 1 hour for the time to work on this.

I will let you know as soon I have dates and times.