logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sean  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 10:01:19 AM(UTC)
Sean

Medals: Level 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Quote:
I have setup my groups using the CustomProperty1 tag to organize computers by company name, and that works great. In doing so, the list shows all computers and servers at a clients site. I have a technician assigned at a client’s site. I would like to assign him Roles so that he can see all computers at that client except for the servers. I cannot see an option to exclude certain computers, so that he does not see then in the list. Can you please advise, how I can achieve this.

This can be accomplished, but will require a separate access group and the use of another custom property.

See this link for how to enable more Custom Properties: http://forum.screenconne...bling-Custom-Fields.aspx

So, you could create a custom field called (for example) Type where type is used to identify if the machine is a server.

Then you could create a Session Group called Acme Servers and use a filter like this which will show only Acme Servers:

Code:
(CustomProperty1 LIKE 'Acme*') AND (CustomProperty2 LIKE 'Server*')

You would then create another group that filters out the servers:

Code:
(CustomProperty1 LIKE 'Acme*')AND (CustomProperty2 NOT LIKE 'Server*')

Then it is just a simple matter of editing the techs role to allow access to the group that does not contain the servers as outlined here:

INFO-0021: Role Based Security
ScreenConnect Team

skizznott  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 20, 2014 12:34:16 AM(UTC)
skizznott

United States

Has more thought been given on this? Using one of the CustomProperty# fields would definitely be ideal.

As a workaround right now, we have been adding a Note that reads Server and filtering for NOTES LIKE '*SERVER*'. This helps, but it is not perfect
Scott  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2014 2:07:35 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
I guess I'm a bit confused, are you looking for a better way of excluding specific sessions from groups or an easier way to sort them? You can enable other custom properties and label them something like 'ComputerType' and sort by that dimension of either Servers, workstations, etc.

You can find steps for how to enable Custom Properties here: http://forum.screenconne...om-Fields.aspx#post10251
ScreenConnect Team