logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kat  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2013 2:31:02 PM(UTC)
Kat

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Quote:
When I try to launch the host client in Firefox, I get an "Application Error" dialog box. The exceptions in the details of the alert are "CouldNotLoadArgumentException" and "java.io.IOException:File too large."

It looks like the problem has to do with the size of your icon files. My engineer said he was seeing sizes like:
Dimensions 259 × 259 File size 488 KB MIME type image/png
Dimensions 34 × 33 File size 322 KB MIME type image/png
Dimensions 18 x17 one that is 303 KB MIME type image/png

The thing is, he saw no reason for those files to be so large, the 18 x17 one that is 303 KB should me more like 303 bytes (1000x smaller ). He said that you could likely open those image files up in some editing software and re-save them and it will likely reduce the files to a more appropriate file size. Apparently, in our v4.1, we will start limiting the size that those files can be, so as not to encounter issues such as this one.
ScreenConnect Team

dszp  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 2:21:22 AM(UTC)
dszp

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group Member

I've needed to shrink some image files down for both ScreenConnect and, for example, Naverisk where we're doing some customizations and there are file size limits. The thing I found that's free and has the best quality (or at least the best auto and manual controls) is called RIOT, Radical Image Optimization Tool. It's at http://luci.criosweb.ro/riot/ and I believe an outdated version is packaged as a plugin to Irfanview based on visual looks, but I ran into issues with the one in Irfanview and managed to find the actual app's site by accident (an accident that it was the same as the bundled app). Anyway, it's quite excellent, can't recall if the installer tries any toolbar funny business but it's skippable, and the actual app has no limitations, except it requires (honor system) a $15 donation USD for commercial use per the about window.